Sunday, August 1, 2021

Pokemon Platinum Nuzzlocke Attempt 1 Part 3

Pokemon Platinum Nuzzlocke Part 3


After arriving in Jubilife City Dawn takes me to the Pokemon School so I can brush up on my battling techniques and I acquire a Poketech after finding some clowns to obtain a Poketch my worst enemy appeared to challenge me to another fight. For some reason Myself didn't do well and went down easy, wish he was this easy in real life.

In route 203 I caught a zubat I named Zuzu and a Psyduck named Duckdodgers in Oreburgh Gate. Myself told me the Gym leader was tough and he went to the Mines for some reason, but I ignored his warning and went into the mines where I encountered a Geodude. I wanted to catch the Geodude but ended up knocking him it instead.

After battling a few of the miners I headed for Roarks gym. I decided to test myself by battling the trainers in the gym, who I crushed by the way. So I was confident going into the battle against Gym Leader Roark.

I switch Duckdodger into the first slot for an added bit of caution and before Roark even sent out a Pokemon he flashed that stupid light from his helmet into my eyes blinding me...
So I had Duckdodger destroy his Geodude and Onix with ease. I felt like I was being to cautios now that he was down to one Pokemon and I haven't even taken damage yet...

But then came out his Cranidos, His little dinosaur Pokemon was faster and used leer. Duckdodger countered with Water Gun doing almost half his health.

Cranidos then went for a Headbutt knocking out Psyduck. (Big breath) okay, I was prepared for something to go wrong, that's why I started with him anyways. So I bring out Hikari to Finish the job.

Oh... Cranidos was faster and flinched Hikari with a headbutt. I was then praying that Hikari could tank another one but when it knocked him out I knew it was over. Starfy 2 doesn't have the moves needed to do any decent damage and I didn't even think I would be needing to bring out Zuzu so I didn't train him.

And with that it was over. I have heard that in these runs the first big challenge can come from the first two gyms but I thought I would of been able to do more. Maybe if I had caught that geodude I would of been able to of survived that headbutting Cranidos.

I should of realized, Pokemon Platnium is said to be one of the hardest Pokemon games, perhaps it would of been better if I had started with any other Pokemon generation.. But I'm not going to let that stop my now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pokemon Platinum Nuzzlocke Attempt 1 Part 3

Pokemon Platinum Nuzzlocke Part 3 After arriving in Jubilife City Dawn takes me to the Pokemon School so I can brush up on my battling techn...